A safe workplace does not just occur, but results from a deliberate attempt by the management and employees of an organization to guarantee safety. This must be done through developing safety policies and providing the necessary safety supplies. To keep your employees safe and productive, below are some of the tips that will be of great help.
Maintain A Clean working Environment
All hazards like broken glasses and sharp objects should be cleared from time to time. This will not only result into a clean workplace, but also a safe and productive environment.
Ensure everyone needs to be well informed
A Guide to OSHA Safety Signs
This Guide to OSHA Safety Signs walks you through the recent updates to OSHA and ANSI sign requirements. You’ll learn the required components of OSHA safety signs, including tips for formatting and posting your signs.
Every employee and members of the management team should be made aware of the dangers and hazards that exist within their occupation and work environment. Ignorance on workplace safety is not a ‘bliss’ and can lead to fatal consequences. Each worker should also ensure they know the appropriate safety supplies needed for each task.
Safety by design
A safe working environment begins from the point of designing the working area’s layout. The layout needs to be carefully planned and every aspect well thought by an expert. Issues relating to the positioning of machinery, designing of aisles and storage areas must be well thought out.
Always issue very clear instructions
It is very important to make sure that all the employees know how exactly they have to carry out their duties. It is risky to just assume that they know what is expected of them. Giving safety instructions in each procedure is recommended.
Care for your employees
You need to love your employees and have them realize that you truly do. For instance, if a machine has suddenly become faulty, it is important that you shut it down before it harms anyone.
Ensure that all the machines are in good working order
The machinery installed in at your workplace needs to have a regular maintenance program to ensure that they are always safe to use. Some of the safety precautions necessary also include, the guarding of all moving parts, keeping safety buttons visible and accessible and clearing all machines of debris.
Provide all the appropriate safety supplies
Workers should have the safety wear they need depending on the duties they carry out. All the eyewear, hearing protection or hard hat that they use should also be in good condition.
Get to know what your employees do
Different employees may carry out the same duties differently and it important that you compare what they do with the procedures written in the book. If they are any variations, try to know why.
Have an emergency response plan ready
The response plan should include emergency evacuation plans, recovery strategies, emergency telephone numbers, safety supplies etc.
- Industrial Safety Products For A Healthy Working Environment
- Safety Supplies Every Company Needs For Their Workers
- Benefits of Machine Guarding go Beyond Safety
- Reducing the Risks of Serious Injury in the Workplace
- Improving Safety Conditions Using Safety Supplies And Products
- Safety Supplies No Workplace Should Be Without
- Is it Important to Invest in a Safety Manager?
- Five Ways to Keep Workers Safe From Electrocution on the Job
- Planned Maintenance– creativesafetysupply.com
- Office Safety – 6 Ways To Stay Safe In The Office– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- 9 Low-Tech Ways to Keep the Workplace Safe– realsafety.org
- 5 Safety Tips to Keep Your Employees Safe– blog.5stoday.com
- What is PPE? – 10 Ways to Protect Workers– blog.labeltac.com
- Accident Investigation – Root Cause Analysis– creativesafetypublishing.com
- Methods for Machine Guarding– babelplex.com
- Safety Lean Manufacturing – 5 Ways to Combine Safety and Lean– iecieeechallenge.org